Precast Technology involves producing concrete blocks or slabs by setting concrete in pre-designed reusable moulds. The slabs are then cured in factory controlled environment in a factory known as the precast plant. This can also be used to make precast stones in which the final/ finished product has the look of a natural stone. The raw material used has fine aggregates in the mixture giving it an appearance of naturally quarried stone block.
The potential of this technology can be explored while using it for mass housing projects, apartments or standalone houses that need to be built in quick time frames – like holiday homes or second homes. With the lack of skilled labor and demand for quality construction being the need of the hour, this provides an optimum solution for the consumer needs.
Benefits vis-à-vis on-site casting
• Quality – The slabs are manufactured and then treated/cured in a factory controlled environment leading to better quality control of raw materials and final product.
• Consistency – All slabs undergo similar treatment leading to high consistency in the quality of final product.
• Speed – Although cost wise, this technology is at par with traditional on-site casting but saves a lot of time that goes in construction. The delivery time of any project can be cut substantially. For eg : buildmyghar delivers a finished house in 60 days using prefabricated blocks as against a traditional house that takes ~18 months to be built.
• Maintenance – Precast buildings require minimum maintenance and do not require regular care that traditional construction technologies require.
• Environment Friendly – Made of natural raw materials (stones, gravels, sand, cement) precast concrete minimizes the whole life cycle impact on the environment when compared with other construction materials. Precast concrete units can entirely be re-used or recycled making it a smart choice for safer environment. The concrete slabs insulate the house from the weather changes outside resulting in less use of air conditioners as well
Buildmyghar uses prefab blocks to build your dream house in a promised period of 60 days within a pre-determined cost. With all the above advantages in mind, this is the future of housing in a fast developing country like India.